Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BAYP...helping move our community forward!

BAYP, what is that? BAYP stands for Broken Arrow Young Professionals.

In the interest of full disclosure, I want to say up front that not only am I a member of BAYP, I am also the Chair of one of its committees. With that being said, I want to let you know that I would be writing this even if my only involvement was as a regular member.

BAYP is a collection of young "professionals" who live and/or work in Broken Arrow. I think it is also fair to say that the majority of its members have a strong desire to improve the community in which we live, work and play.

What's up with "professionals"? I did that because a number of similar organizations have gotten the reputation of only being for young people who own or run a business, or whose parents own a business, and they are waiting their turn to run the show. I am sure BAYP has a few similar members, but I can assure you we have more members who don't than do. I can also assure you we don't have the kinds of attitudes you may have experienced in similar organizations. We really are a GREAT and FUN group!

As a group, we do everything from assist with community projects to get together and socialize to team building exercises, and just about everything in between. We are always looking for new members, and we would love to have you involved. To find out more about us, or some of our upcoming events, you can visit our website, or you can join our group on Facebook. If you have more specific questions, I would be glad to answer them for you. Just shoot me an e-mail or give me a call.

Thanks! And I hope to see you at our next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment