Thursday, April 2, 2009

Full Home Evaluations

I almost feel silly writing this, except it has become increasingly evident that this practice has almost become extinct.

What is a full home evaluation? Well, as it relates to heating and air conditioning, it means a thorough examination of the entire home, not just the equipment, prior to discussing any kind of equipment options. There are many factors that can affect which system is best for a home and how that system will operate. Unfortunately, too many people in my industry are more concerned about getting in and out of a home than spending the time necessary to make sure the recommended system will perform as advertised.

Almost daily I meet with a customer who has had one of my "competitors" in their home, and they are genuinely surprised when I tell them that I will be in their home for at least an hour. They all want to know why it is going to take me an hour to look at their equipment. I am sure they must be thinking I am "slow", or I must not know what I am doing.

However, their skepticism quickly turns to surprise, and then to gratitude as they observe the level of care I take to fully evaluate all aspects of their home. On more than one occassion, I have noticed potentially dangerous situations with equipment not related to their heating and air conditioning systems, and I have been able to make the homeowner aware before something bad happened.

Once I have completed my evaluation, and as I begin to explain all of my findings, the homeowners quickly understand the importance of this process. They also begin to understand that replacing a heating and air conditioning system, or a single piece of the system, is more than just replacing an old box with a new box. Unfortunately, there are too many other people out there who are only interested in replacing boxes.

If you are considering having your existing heating and air conditioning system, or any single part of this system, replaced I would strongly encourage you to give me a call or shoot me an e-mail. I will take the time necessary to assure that your new system/equipment performs as well as, or better than you expect. I will fully evaluate your home, explain my findings, and work with you to select the system/equipment that best meets your needs, while staying within your budget.

Don't settle for anything less!

No comments:

Post a Comment