Monday, April 20, 2009

Whole Home Filtration


Did you know research has shown that the air in most homes is significantly dirtier than the outdoor air? Did you also know that respiratory-related illnesses are one of the leading causes of absence from work and school? Did you know the only true way to improve the quality of the air in your home is to "clean" it as it circulates through your heating and air conditioning system?

For the past few years indoor air quality has been a passion of mine, and I am very proud to have the opportunity to help people improve the quality of air in their homes, and thus improve their quality of life.

You may think this is a strange "passion" for someone to have. Well, let me briefly tell you what got me started down this road.

Just before my oldest daughter turned one year old we almost lost her to an unidentified respiratory illness. This illness caused her windpipe to nearly swell closed. With a significant amount of effort she was able to inhale air, but her windpipe was so constricted that she could not exhale the "bad" air out of her lungs. This caused her to nearly suffocate and die.

We spent nearly two weeks in the hospital, with five of those days being in the Intensive Care Unit. Some of the time was spent in a "mist tent", which is essentially a hospital bed with a big plactic bag over it and a humidifier blowing moisture inside. The other time was spent in ICU with my daughter in a medically-induced coma and on a breathing machine while being fed through a tube. (Try getting that image out of your head!)

All we were told about the cause was that she must have picked up some kind of bug. No test was ever able to isolate the exact cause.

After my daughter, and my family, recovered from this scare, I began to explore indoor air quality and ways to improve it inside the home. When I joined Air Assurance I was given the opportunity to continue my study and help others improve their indoor air quality.

At Air Assurance we offer a full range of indoor air quality solutions. We also offer indoor air quality monitoring. Some of the products we offer include the Lennox Healthy Climate Media Air Cleaners, the Lennox PureAir filtration system, up to the Lennox HEPA by-pass filtration system.

If anyone in your home suffers from any type of allergies and/or asthma, I would strongly recommend the Lennox PureAir. I have this system installed at my home, and I can't say enough about what it will do for your home. This system incorporates three separate types of filtration in one unit, all while producing no Ozone - a known lung irritant. The Lennox PureAir utilizes the highest-efficiency media air filter available to capture the airborne particles, UV lights to kill viruses and bacteria, and an odor catalyst to neutralize odors produced in your home.

What does all of this mean to you?

Well, from personal experience I can tell you that you will notice a significant reduction in the amount of dust in your home. You will be able to dust your furniture and not have to turn around a repeat this process a couple of days later. You will also notice the absence of odors in your home. I have another daughter who is in diapers, and I don't have the diaper smell that often accompanies this time in a child's life. I also have two dogs who spend a significant amount of time inside, yet you don't smell "dog" when you walk in the door. By far, the best experience I can report is the improved health of the members of my family. I can't think of a single time my oldest daughter has been sick since we installed the Lennox PureAir. My youngest daughter has only had one minor cold that I can remember, and my wife has been sick once, but that could have come from her work - she interacts with the public all-day, everyday.

Like I said before, I can't say enough about what this system will do for your home, and more importantly, the people in your home. If you would like to learn how your family can start experiencing these fantastic results, I would love to talk with you. Please give me a call, or shoot me an e-mail, and we can find a time to get together.

Thanks! And stay HEALTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment